Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tortes: The first post!


Well, I didn't make a torte, but I made a DELICIOUS apple pie. We had Big Papa's Mom visiting us this weekend, and so I thought it would be fun to have a special treat. I used my favorite cookbook (allrecipes.com) and found the top rated recipe for apple pie. Instead of coating each apple with cinnamon sugar, you pour some caramely goodness over the crust and apples. The caramel on the crust added just a little crunch to each bite and really brought out that great, rich flavor. It was ooey-gooey and oh so yummy! I'll definitely make it again!

Grandma and Goober reading books! Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like all kinds of fun! And looks delicious. You should post the recipe. ;) Although, it would probably take me a looong time to get up the gumption to make it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bookmarked that recipe awhile back and have been wanting to make it because I was intrigued by the method and all the positive reviews. I will definitely have to try it now that you gave it the thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete